Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Shaadi-house

My family is living in one ‘shaadi house’. Yes, the Marriage-house.
The game had begun long back. It’s only now that the hulla-boo has started ringing into Ma-Pa’s ears and lately it has wrapped Sunny and me too. They’ve bought innumerous sarees, the golden fat neckpiece, earrings, all possible jewellery, the wedding cards got printed, the native house is all furnished and dazzling, the luminous preparations for ‘the evening’, the Horsie for the Dulha has been decided…and all of this…
was OVER and done before I reached Home :(
I only missed everything to do for my brother’s wedding preparations.
It was this that I was yearning for, for the past two years, the card selection, Mati’s Sarees, her necklace, anklets; Pappa’s suit, his sherwani, Sunny’s Sherwani, his Reception Suit and so much more to add to the list…
This remained a surprise for me. I too shopped (for like 3 days). The scurry of crowding near the most beautiful dresses and chaniya cholis was not enough for my legs. They were leaping in the air-conditioned shops. The body didn’t ache after more or less ten to twelve trials in each shop. The couture had just begun, let alone the accessories.
Nevertheless the feeling to be in a shaadi-house was enthralling. Papa was too busy shopping for us to buy him anything we recommended.
The late night chats didn’t even bother to sap my strength after the long hours of trials and shopping.
Even after I returned to Chennai, the shaadi syndrome is still on…

Why just the four days of bait. They were over like this (I’m snapping my fingers with a lull on my face with a wrinkled brow).
But alright, am waiting for the wait for 19th November to get over.

No comments: